Twenty Three

March 23, 2009 at 2:52 AM
It's March 23rd, and I've heard people talk so much about the paranormal significance of the number 23. As if the number 13 didn't have enough fuss, plus 10 and there's 2x as much fuss.

The weather has taken a bit of a fall, it hailed and snowed yesterday and today was -3 degrees, however, the forecast says that this weekend will be 10-15 degrees, which is just spectacular! I am so tired of feeling cold breeze that makes me feel numb and needy of taking a shit. Don't ask me why, I along with a few other people have agreed that a chilling temperature/breeze against the skin invokes a bowel movement of some sort. Problem? I hate using public toilets. For one, I don't consider two panels and a swinging small door privacy one bit. It's simply embarrassing for me to do numero dos when people can hear and smell my activity. What do I do? Either hold it in or try and find someone that lives close. The only times I actually condone myself using a public toilet is when I'm rolling on an intoxicant, the world feels so friendly - why would anyone care if I'm shitting, I love the world! Haha.

I have another essay to write for tomorrow. I hate essays. I know for a fact that more than 5 million people around the world probably agrees with me, but really, I hate them. It just reminds me of how systematic the world is. I usually take a dislike to learning philosophy, but here is my philosophy: why should I be systematic? That concept is artificial and abstract. The people who create these systems are no more human than I am. Why should I follow their system? I should really stop behaving like a hippie. Haha. Peace and love, peace and love.

I was researching during my free time (in reality I really have no free time, but I make it!) violence against the GLBT community and found this rather frightening list of hate crimes committed against people of GLBT orientation within nations whose laws condone homosexuality etc. Click here to see it! While reading them I noticed they were all nearly in the USA until I came across one that happened right here in lovely Ottawa. Some haters bashed up Drag Queen, Dixie Landers, a drag artist who I've had the pleasure of seeing perform.. and this really disheartened me, because it proves that nobody in the community is safe, especially someone like me who pulls a big risk since I'm also a part of the Arab community in the student population here, and I'm known some what as one of the only Arabs who are out and are completely unapologetic about it. Well, it's a fight, and I will keep fighting.

0 comments