Some Thoughts to Share

March 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Right now I'm in the library on the 3rd floor. My friend Yasmine got me into the habit of coming to this floor because on this floor you're allowed to sit between shelves and do work, which I love because it gives me so much more seclusion as opposed to the other floors where people can see what you're doing. Not to say I'm going to watch porn in the library but it's simply because I'm one of those people who hates the feeling of someone "looking over your shoulder." You can relate right?

So anyway, this spot I'm sitting in isn't my first spot of the day, it was just occupied by two Somali girls and now they left so I took the space. I come to find that they left trash on the floor, along with one of those ridged holder things that come in Reese's pieces, and when I looked at it I thought I was tripping balls (hallucinating) because I saw shit on it and the carpet moving, much like a trip I was on once only to realize that it was an army of ants. That is fucking stink. I haven't seen an army of ants since Trinidad, and that means something. I have a peet peeve and a half for people who don't keep public areas clean, and don't tell me I'm racist for pointing out that they're Somali, haha.

So anyhow... point of this post:

I was just in the University Center and I walked past a stand with the University's Newspaper stacked on it, now, usually I don't give two looks at the Uni Paper, the Fulcrum, but this time it caught my eye because it said "Shit Show" big on the front page. Me being naturally drawn to rude things I couldn't resist, so I picked up a copy. The front page was about one set of drama that unfolded with the SFUO (Student Federation of the University of Ottawa) regarding their elections. So, immediately I turned the page because I really don't give two shits either about their elections since this entire year I had random white people bother my ass about voting for this, and voting for that, and voting for this etc. They annoyed me, so any election that was University related was refused entry to my brain like a crackhead trying to get into a posh nightclub.

Turning the pages, I come across a rather interesting section entitled: Dear Di. Now, we've all seen this before - someone writes an anonymous letter to the person in the paper requesting advice for a problem they are having. The advisor then prints the person's dilemma on the paper along with the advice. Personally, I love these sort of sections!

One girl wrote:

Dear Di,
I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year and three months. He showed much love towards me and appreciated being with me. Ever since my stepdad moved in with my mom and me, my boyfriend and I haven't been able to spend much time alone in my room. A week ago my stepdad was supposed to pick me up from work while my mom was out of town. At the end of my shift, my stepdad wasn't there to pick me up so I decided to walk home and when I got there I walked in on my steodad cheating on my mom with my boyfriend. I don't know if I should tell my mom about this or break it off with my boufriend, what do you suggest? Help ASAP!

Drama!!!! The advisor, Di, gave some very good advice much like I would. And there was a second letter sent asking Di about "How should I go around fullfilling my dominatrix fantasy?" Which reminded me, I've read this very section in this same paper before. Yes I did. I remember probably last year I read this same section and some girl was asking Di: "I have a very strong craving to have sex with a horse, what do I do?" Typical subject matter that catches my attention, I know, haha.

But I was thinking - one of my best qualities that my friends could attest to is that I'm good at giving advice and I'm never judgemental with it. Maybe I should do something like this a la online perhaps. I'll think about it.

1 Responses to Some Thoughts to Share

  1. Unknown Says:

    I actually find it hard to study in the Library :P, I like the ambient noise of people passing by & chatting over my music, it's quite a mix =p

    Regarding the election things, it's funny cause we're having the same issue here @ Carleton :p